Class 1: Reading and the Brain - 15 Clock Hours
About this Course: This course is designed to provide an overview of how the brain creates meaning with print and to describe and demonstrate eight pedagogical strategies
Instructor is Dr. Andrew P. Johnson
Course goals: As a result of taking this course, students will be able to --
• describe the salient processes related to creating meaning with print.
• compare and contrast meaning-first vs. code-first approaches.
• identify and implement new pedagogical strategies.
• engage in a reflective analysis and response related to three pedagogical strategies.
Bring to Class:
Thank you for registering for Reading and the Brain - literacy teacher continuing education - 15 clock hours.
This course is offered on our partner site www.readocity.com.
The link below will take you to the course.
- You will be required to Sign Up for a login on the Readocity site. Please use the same email address you used to register at LSC as your login on Readocity.
- Once you create your login, enter the password CRB01 to access the course. You only need to do this once.
- After you complete the course and achieve the benchmark score on the quiz for the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Lake Superior College with the clock hours associated with each course.
For questions related to course content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to technical issues, please contact email@example.com