Class 2: Diagnostic Reading Inventory – 20 Clock Hours
About This Course: This course is designed to provide an overview how to use a Diagnostic Reading Inventory to diagnose reading deficit areas related to fluency, comprehension, and word identification.
Instructor is Dr. Andrew P. Johnson
Course goals: As a result of taking this course, students will be able to --
• use a Diagnostic Reading Inventory (Informal Reading Inventory) to diagnose the cause of reading difficulties.
• conduct a miscue analysis to identify word identification strengths and deficits.
• conduct a running record to identify approximate reading levels.
• assess comprehension using a maze and story retelling chart.
• assess and document fluency using WPM or SPF assessments.
Bring to Class:
Thank you for registering for Diagnostic Reading Inventory - literacy teacher continuing education - 20 clock hours.
This course is offered on our partner site www.readocity.com.
The link below will take you to the course.
- You will be required to Sign Up for a login on the Readocity site. Please use the same email address you used to register at LSC as your login on Readocity.
- Once you create your login, enter the password DRI02 to access the course. You only need to do this once.
- After you complete the course and achieve the benchmark score on the quiz for the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Lake Superior College with the clock hours associated with each course.
For questions related to course content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to technical issues, please contact email@example.com