Class 3: Word Identification - 15 Clock Hours
About This Course: This course is designed to provide an overview of strategies and instruction related to word recognition and word identification.
Instructor is Dr. Andrew P. Johnson
Course goals: As a result of taking this course, students will be able to --
• understand how to teach word identification strategies.
• design activities to develop all three cueing systems used to recognize words (semantic, syntactic, and phonological).
• implement new strategies to enhance students’ ability to recognize letter sounds and letter patterns.
• teach the four word identification strategies (morphemic analysis, analogies, context, and phonics).
• design activities and utilize pedagogical strategies to enhance student’s ability to recognize sight words.
Bring to Class:
Thank you for registering for Word Identification - literacy teacher continuing education - 15 clock hours.
This course is offered on our partner site www.readocity.com.
The link below will take you to the course.
- You will be required to Sign Up for a login on the Readocity site. Please use the same email address you used to register at LSC as your login on Readocity.
- Once you create your login, enter the password WID03 to access the course. You only need to do this once.
- After you complete the course and achieve the benchmark score on the quiz for the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Lake Superior College with the clock hours associated with each course.
For questions related to course content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to technical issues, please contact email@example.com