Class 4: Reading Comprehension - 20 Clock Hours
About this course: This course is designed to provide an overview of strategies and instruction related to comprehension.
Instructor is Dr. Andrew P. Johnson
Course goals: As a result of taking this course, students will be able to --
• understand how to teach a cognitive process.
• understand how schemata are used to create meaning.
• implement new strategies to enhance students’ ability to comprehend narrative text.
• implement new strategies to enhance students’ ability to comprehend expository text.
• design pre-reading activities to enhance students’ ability to comprehend narrative and expository text.
Bring to Class:
Thank you for registering for Reading Comprehension - literacy teacher continuing education - 20 clock hours.
This course is offered on our partner site www.readocity.com.
The link below will take you to the course.
- You will be required to Sign Up for a login on the Readocity site. Please use the same email address you used to register at LSC as your login on Readocity.
- Once you create your login, enter the password CRH04 to access the course. You only need to do this once.
- After you complete the course and achieve the benchmark score on the quiz for the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Lake Superior College with the clock hours associated with each course.
For questions related to course content, please contact email@example.com
For questions related to technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org