Class 7: Voluntary Reading, Instructional Approaches, and Teaching Written Expression – 20 clock hours
About This Course: This course examines voluntary reading, four instructional approaches to reading, and methods and strategies for teaching written expression.
Instructor is Dr. Andrew P. Johnson
As a result of taking this course, students will be able to --
• understand and critically evaluate the salient elements of four approaches to reading instruction.
• design a literature-based and language experience reading lessons.
• describe the importance of reading volume and voluntary reading.
• design and implement strategies for promoting voluntary reading.
• understand the basics of teaching writing.
• design and implement new pedagogical strategies related to written expression.
Bring to Class:
Thank you for registering for Voluntary Reading, Instructional Approaches, and Teaching Written Expression- literacy teacher continuing education - 20 clock hours.
This course is offered on our partner site www.readocity.com.
The link below will take you to the course.
- You will be required to Sign Up for a login on the Readocity site. Please use the same email address you used to register at LSC as your login on Readocity.
- Once you create your login, enter the password to VIT07 access the course. You only need to do this once.
- After you complete the course and achieve the benchmark score on the quiz for the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Lake Superior College with the clock hours associated with each course.
For questions related to course content, please contact email@example.com
For questions related to technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org