Class 8: Reading Lessons, Communication skills, Grammar and Punctuation (20 hours)
About This Course: This course demonstrates how to create scaffolded, guided, and shared reading experience lessons. It also describes how to infuse oral communication skills and study skill strategies within reading and other content areas.
Instructor is Dr. Andrew P. Johnson
Course goals: As a result of taking this course, students will be able to --
• use the SRE format to design effective reading lessons.
• design a shared reading experience lesson.
• design a guided reading experience lesson to teach a skill.
• design small group speech and listening skills activities.
• design teacher-direct pre-reading activities to enable students to read a textbook.
• use a variety of strategies to teach grammar and punctuation.
Bring to Class:
Thank you for registering for Reading Lessons, Communication skills, Grammar and Punctuation - literacy teacher continuing education - 20 clock hours.
This course is offered on our partner site www.readocity.com.
The link below will take you to the course.
- You will be required to Sign Up for a login on the Readocity site. Please use the same email address you used to register at LSC as your login on Readocity.
- Once you create your login, enter the password RCP08 to access the course. You only need to do this once.
- After you complete the course and achieve the benchmark score on the quiz for the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Lake Superior College with the clock hours associated with each course.
For questions related to course content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions related to technical issues, please contact email@example.com