Class 10: Dyslexia – Severe Reading Difficulties – 20 clock hours
About This Course: This course examines dyslexia or severe reading disabilities from a psycholinguistic perspective, and it describes the types pedagogical strategies and other elements that are appropriate for reading instruction and interventions with this population.
Instructor is Dr. Andrew P. Johnson
Course goals: As a result of taking this course, students will be able to --
• understand the condition of dyslexia.
• implement a variety of pedagogical strategies appropriate for students with dyslexia.
• describe the type of reading instruction necessary for students with dyslexia.
• describe the types of strategies used for reading instruction for students with dyslexia.
• design an appropriate intervention for students with dyslexia
Bring to Class:
Thank you for registering for Dyslexia – Severe Reading Difficulties - literacy teacher continuing education - 20 clock hours.
This course is offered on our partner site www.readocity.com.
The link below will take you to the course.
- You will be required to Sign Up for a login on the Readocity site. Please use the same email address you used to register at LSC as your login on Readocity.
- Once you create your login, enter the password DSR10 to access the course. You only need to do this once.
- After you complete the course and achieve the benchmark score on the quiz for the course, you will receive a certificate of completion from Lake Superior College with the clock hours associated with each course.
For questions related to course content, please contact email@example.com
For questions related to technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org