This is an 8-week course utilizing online video conferencing for live course instruction and D2L online learning platform for course content, assignments, and exams. Students can choose to take the course for closed credit (through participating colleges only) or for non-credit.
This course introduces the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and preventive maintenance. Students are introduced to lubrication, electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, and power transmission systems. This course is designed to align with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council's (MSSC) assessment and certification system for Maintenance Awareness.
- Understand the concepts of preventative maintenance and routine repair
- Describe the importance of monitoring indicators to ensure correct operations
- Perform all housekeeping to maintain production schedule
- Recognize potential maintenance issues with basic production systems
- Recognize the importance of documentation within a maintenance system
- Understand the system components of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
2 or Non-credit
Class Attendance Policy:
- ToolingU Subscription - A 1 year student subscription can be purchased during registration. If you have recently completed, within the last year, a class that required ToolingU you do not need to purchase it again. Your previous subscription is good for one calendar year from date of purchase.
- High-speed internet
- Computer or video conferencing system with webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
A student is allowed two(2) absences. A third(3rd) absence will result in a letter grade of C at the highest. Any additional absences will result in withdrawal from the course without a refund.