This is an 8-week blended course utilizing telepresence (online video conferencing) for live course instruction and D2L for course content, assignments, and exams. Students can choose to take the course for closed credit or for non-credit. This course is an introduction to quality, including emphasis on corrective actions, preventative actions, control of documents, control of quality records, internal auditing of processes and control of non-conforming product. It is designed to align with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council's (MSSC) assessment and certification system for Quality Practices.
- Participate in periodic internal quality audit activities
- Check calibration of gauges and other data collection equipment
- Suggest continuous improvements
- Inspect materials and product/process at all stages to ensure they meet specifications
- Document the results of quality tests
- Communicate quality problems
- Take corrective actions to restore or maintain quality
- Record process outcomes and trends
- Identify fundamentals of blueprint reading
2 or non-credit
textbooks can be purchased through any on-line retailer
Class Attendance Policy:
- High-speed Internet Access
- Computer or video conferencing system with webcam and microphone (built-in or external)
- ToolingU Subscription - A 1 year student subscription can be purchased during registration. If you have recently completed, within the last year, a class that required ToolingU you do not need to purchase it again. Your previous subscription is good for one calendar year from date of purchase.
- Required Text - The Problem Solving Memory Jogger, 2nd Edition, ISBN: 978-1576811351
A student is allowed two(2) absences. A third(3rd) absence will result in a letter grade of C at the highest. Any additional absences will result in withdrawal from the course without a refund.