This Welding Lab class will introduce students to a basic occupational weld shop environment with some basic types of welding equipment found in most light industrial and owner-operated shops and farms.
This class is not only for beginners, it is a class that is set up for those who want to learn to weld and for those at an intermediate to experienced level of welding to enhance their skills to the next level.
The focus will be on AC arc welders, oxyacetylene torches, wire feed welders, Stick and Tig welders and safe use of equipment. Skills will be developed in cutting, welding, repairing, and fabrication.
Bring to Class:
Welding materials included in fee. Bring your own projects to work on or else there will be projects provided by the instructor.
Required Course Materials & Equipment
Required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and tools to bring on the first day of class:
- Welding Jacket
- Heavy and Medium-Heavy Welding Gloves
- 2C Style and Regular Vise Grip Pliers, Welding Pliers (Welpers)
- Safety Glasses
- Leather Work Boots
- Auto Darken Welding/Cutting Helmet with Filter Settings, ranging from 3-13
- Tape Measurer
- Hand grinder with grinding stones and sanding pads
- Small Tool Box for Storage
Course will be held in Room I-367
Registration Cutoff Date: