This live online training course is offered by a collaboration of Minnesota State colleges.
Maintenance Awareness is an 8-week virtual training that introduces the concepts of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and preventive maintenance. Students are introduced to lubrication, electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, and power transmission systems. This course is designed to align with the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council's (MSSC) assessment and certification system for Maintenance Awareness.
- Understand the concepts of preventative maintenance and routine repair
- Describe the importance of monitoring indicators to ensure correct operations
- Perform all housekeeping to maintain production schedule
- Recognize potential maintenance issues with basic production systems
- Recognize the importance of documentation within a maintenance system
- Understand the system components of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
This course meets live each week in a virtual classroom using video conferencing technology where the instructor and students can all see and hear each other. In addition, assignments and course content will be provided to students in an online learning management portal (D2L) to complete outside of the live class times.
About the Instructor:
Jerry Musielewicz is an adjunct instructor and curriculum developer for Minnesota State colleges, an authorized OSHA 10 and 30 hour instructor, and a certified MSSC instructor. Jerry is a former engineering manager with extensive knowledge in the manufacturing industry. He has taught Live Online courses for over 4 years, including safety, print reading, maintenance awareness, technical math, manufacturing production and processes, and quality practices.