This live online training course is offered by a collaboration of Minnesota State colleges.
Technical Math is an 8-week virtual training that provides participants with a solid foundation in the basic skills of math, shop algebra and geometry. Math instruction will include fundamentals of math, fractions and decimals, units of measure, lines and angles, triangles, shop geometry, circles and polygons, shop algebra and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Solve practical problems in all topic areas
- Demonstrate and apply critical thinking skills to solve a variety of problems
- Utilize a systematic approach to problem solving
- Exhibit the use of a scientific calculator
- Demonstrate effective use of resources including faculty, reference materials, industry sources, and the Internet
- Demonstrate the ability to work online and be self-motivated to meet deadlines for assignments and tests
This course meets live each week in a virtual classroom using video conferencing technology where the instructor and students can all see and hear each other. In addition, assignments and course content will be provided to students in an online learning management portal (D2L) to complete outside of the live class times.
About the Instructor:
Jerry Musielewicz is an adjunct instructor and curriculum developer for Minnesota State colleges, an authorized OSHA 10 and 30 hour instructor, and a certified MSSC instructor. Jerry is a former engineering manager with extensive knowledge in the manufacturing industry. He has taught Live Online courses for over 4 years, including safety, print reading, maintenance awareness, technical math, manufacturing production and processes, and quality practices.