To provide current Minnesota Peace officer an opportunity to workshop with current law enforcement officers in learning aspects of cultural intelligence, and its place in day to day service to society.
Aspects of this training will provide the following:
- Meet MN POST Board Objectives:
- Demonstrate understanding of race relations and their impact on policing practices
- Demonstrate understanding of implicit and explicit bias
- Demonstrate understanding of impartial policing
- Introduce officers to the concepts of Cultural intelligence (CQ) and its place in law enforcement
Reflect on CQ and its position in providing an enhance community service to society.
Review communication skills from a culturally intelligent lens.
Allow current officers to brainstorm ideas for their own department initiatives.