Heartsaver® BLS - CPR/First Aid/AED
This course provides the four key steps in first aid for children and infants: prevent, protect, asses, and act. You will learn how to recognize and help someone with difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock. This course teaches you how to use an Epinephrine pen, commonly used for allergic reactions. This Heartsaver® course teaches how to recognize someone who needs CPR and how to use an AED on both an adult and child. Minnesota State University, Mankato’s Heartsaver® Course is offered with Laerdal’s The Little Family Pack, age-specific and cutting edge CPR training manikins.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
- New science and education from the 2015AHA Guidelines
- Components of high-quality CPR for adults,children, and infants
- Importance of early use of an AED
- Relief of choking for adults, child and infants
- Recognition of common injuries and illnesses
- How to control bleeding with bandaging
- Prevention of illness and injury
Skills Test-Out will be scheduled at your convenience and can be done in your home. Willing to travel within 20-mile radius of Shakopee and 10-mile radius of Mankato. Sign up via link sent from instructor after registration.
Masks are required
MDH social distancing guidelines followed
Disinfection between appointments
If you have registration questions, please contact Larane
or call 507-389-1094.