If you are comfortable on your own motorcycle or scooter, the 5-hour Intermediate Rider Course BRC2 will build upon your existing skills and knowledge. Newer motorcyclists, returning riders, and experienced motorcyclists can all benefit from this course.
The Intermediate Rider Course covers control, finesse, counter steering, cornering, swerving, and braking. The MMSC recommends that you have 1,000 miles of riding experience before enrolling in this course. Groups or clubs may purchase an entire Intermediate Rider Course for only $300. Contact Sandy Larson at 320-762-4406 if interested in this option.
Participants provide their own motorcycle. The motorcycle must be street legal and insured. Participants must be proficient in the basic skills of clutch control, straight-line riding, turning, shifting and stopping. This program is accredited by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and licensed by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. POST credit is available for law enforcement personnel. This course does not meet state licensing requirements for participants under 18 years of age.
- Participants must be at least 16 years of age.
- Participants who are under 18 years of age must have their parents sign a waiver form prior to on-cycle instruction.
- Participants must possess a valid driver’s license with motorcycle endorsement or a motorcycle instruction permit.
- Participants ride their own motorcycle during the course. Your motorcycle must be street legal, licensed, insured, and comply with the equipment requirements outlined in the Minnesota Motorcycle Manual. You can find this manual online at https://dps.mn.gov. You must show proof of insurance to the instructor.
- Participants furnish their own protective clothing (eye protection, long sleeves, long pants, full-fingered gloves and over-the-ankle footwear) and DOT-approved helmet. Rain gear is highly advisable. Passengers may participate free of charge and must sign a waiver form. Courses are conducted in all weather conditions, but may be postponed by the instructor in severe weather.