This live online training course is offered by a collaboration of Minnesota State colleges.
Explore the major concepts and theories of negotiation, the dynamics of interpersonal and intergroup conflict and its resolution. Identify dynamics required for successful navigation of the negotiating process; structural (parties, positions, interests) and process (cognitive, interactional). Improve your individual or department sales skills, negotiate better pricing, and improve negotiating skills within your teams.
- Define the stages and elements of the negotiation process.
- Develop the skills and techniques of a successful negotiator.
- Apply complex theory and practice of negotiation in particular and conflict resolution in general.
- Identify the personal challenges in negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate how to positively interact with others.
- Achieve desirable outcomes during the negotiation process.
This training takes place live in a virtual classroom using Zoom online video conferencing.
About The Instructor:
Mary Kay McVey is an adjunct instructor for Minnesota State colleges and an organizational leader with over 15 years of industry experience. Mary Kay holds a Ph.D. in Organizational Development and Leadership, a Master's degree in Project Management, and a Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology: Mechanical Design. She's been teaching Live Online courses for over 4 years, including safety awareness, introduction to computers, quality practices, maintenance awareness, and career success skills.