Mental Health First Aid USA is an 8-hour training to teach participants how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The evidence behind the program demonstrates that it helps trainees identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
The course teaches:
• Risk factors and warning signs of mental health concerns.
• Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and substance use.
• A 5-step action plan to help someone developing a mental health concern or in crisis.
• Available evidence-based professional, peer, and self-help resources.
Course consists of 2 hours self-paced, online coursework to be completed prior to the
(2) 3-hour live, online Zoom sessions:
- Monday, December 6, 2021 from 9 am – 12 pm
- Friday, December 10, 2021 from 9 am – 12 pm
Mental Health First Aid Certified Instructor: Kate Noelke