- If you are 18 years of age or older, you must have a valid motorcycle permit and bring it to class each day you are on campus. Information on how to obtain a permit can be found at motorcyclesafety.org. Expired permits are accepted if they have been expired for less than one year. NOTE: Riders who have already failed a state and/or MMSC skills test twice are not eligible for the state skills test waiver and must skill test at a DVS exam station. Riders under the age of 18, must have a valid Class D license. Those with permits only are no longer permitted to take the course.
- You MUST complete the Motorcycle Safety Foundation e-course ahead of the course in order to participate. This e-course takes approximately 5.0 hours to complete Students MUST bring a copy or photo on phone of the e-course completion certificate to the Basic Rider Course.
- Completed Motorcycle Waiver form.
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation E-Course
The MSF Basic eCourse is a highly interactive 5-hour online program that provides riders of all skill levels with the basics of motorcycling. The eCourse is a requirement that prepares you for the 11-hours of hands-on riding exercises. Motorcycles are provided for all the students enrolled in the Basic Rider Course. If you are an automatic scooter rider, you can bring your own scooter with proof of insurance if it’s 500cc or less, 400 pounds or less, in good working order and registered as a motorcycle.
- A copy or photo on your phone of your e-Course completion certificate must be presented to the instructor. Once you have registered and receive your confirmation email, click on the following unique URL link to enroll in the e-Course and obtain the e-Course completion certificate:
On the enrollment site for the e-Course, complete the Student Information, then click on “Enroll Student”. Then click on “Complete Registration” to move on.Then click on the link provided in the email with your password or go to the following link: https://www.msf-usa.org/Digital.aspx and click on DIGITAL at the top of the page next to NEWS and click on Returning Students under MSF Basic e-Course. If you are having difficulty with the site, please contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 727.3227 x3158 Monday thru Friday between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Pacific Time. Please include your Name and username/e-mail that you use to log into the eCourse.
Classroom and training site requirements:
**Students must provide their own protective gear:
- DOT approved helmet
- Eye protection (sun glasses, eye glasses, or if your helmet has a full-face shield that will work)
- Full-fingered gloves (gardening gloves, winter gloves, etc.),
- Long sleeve shirt or jacket
- Long pants with no tears or holes
- Boots that cover the ankles
- Also, Rain gear is highly recommended. Class will be held rain or shine.
- Bring your own snacks and beverages.
There will be breaks during the course. Bring beverages to stay hydrated and snacks to keep your energy up. There is no food or beverage available at the training site.
Course Cancelation Policy: For students requesting a cancelation, a full refund will be granted 5 working days before the start of a class. No refund will be made after that. A full refund will be given on all classes canceled by the school.