The two parts of the Examination, the Knowledge based Examination and the Skills Evaluation, will be administered on the same day.
You must pass both parts in order to be certified and listed on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry.
A Minnesota candidate handbook can be accessed at www.hdmaster.com
The Knowledge based Examination consists of seventy (70) multiple-choice questions in English. An Oral Examination is also an available option. Students must have access to TMU in order to test. https://mn.tmutest.com
During the Skills Evaluation you will be asked to perform a set of randomly selected skills.
You will be rated on your performance of these skills by an Evaluator based on the Headmasters criteria.
CNA CHALLENGE OR TEST OUTS:
For those who are challenging the CNA exam, you will need to access the link below, fill out and submit form 1101 (highlighted in yellow below). The completion and submission is done online, no need to print out. Once that submitted, You will receive an email from Headmaster with your login credentials. https://hdmaster.com/testing/cnatesting/Minnesota/MN_CNA_Home.htm
Bring to class:
MANDATORY ITEMS FOR TESTING:
- Please arrive 20 minutes early to check-in
- Late arrivals will not be allowed to test and will not receive a refund.
No walk-in registrations will be accepted: you must register and pay for the exam at least three days before the scheduled exam date.
- You must BRING ONE FORM OF IDENTIFICATION that meets the following MANDATORY requirements: US GOVERNMENT ISSUED, NON-EXPIRED, SIGNED, PHOTO-BEARING ID.
- Examples of MANDATORY, US GOVERNMENT, NON-EXPIRED, SIGNED, PHOTO-BEARING IDs are: Driver’s License, US Passport, Work Authorization Card, Alien Registration Card, Military or Tribal IDs (that meet all requirements).
- TESTING ATTIRE: Full scrubs and closed-toed shoes. Please refer to the Candidate Handbook on the Minnesota webpage at www.hdmaster.com for a list of other testing attire requirements regarding fingernails, jewelry, tattoos, piercings, etc.
- ELECTRONIC DEVICES: any electronic device of any type is not allowed to be on or near you in the knowledge or skill testing rooms. Examples: cell phones, smart watches, activity trackers, tablets, etc. You may bring a basic watch with a second hand.
- IF YOU ARE LATE, DO NOT BRING REQUIRED MANDATORY ID, OR YOU ARE NOT IN MANDATORY TESTING ATTIRE (refer to the Candidate Handbook) YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TEST AND YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED A "NO-SHOW". No shows forfeit their testing fees and must repay to reapply for another test date.
- IF YOU CANNOT TEST FOR ANY REASON NOTIFY Meriem Aman by email at: meriem.Aman@dctc.edu
- IF YOU NEED TO RESCHEDULE YOUR TEST DATE, YOU MUST RESCHEDULE AT LEAST 3 BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR TEST DATE, By Emailing Meriem Aman at: email@example.com
- ADA accommodation requests must be submitted with required documentation and approved way in advance of your test date. Refer to the Candidate Handbook for ADA information
- You may not test if you have any type of temporary physical limitation that would prevent you from performing duties as a CNA (casts, crutches, etc.) or if you have a contagious illness
- If you have been on "Light Duty" at work you will not be allowed to test without a Doctor's Release
- FAMILY MEMBERS, FRIENDS AND PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE TESTING AREA
- You are welcome to use your electronic devices, study materials, snack or drink while in the waiting area. These items are not allowed to be on or near you while in the testing rooms. You will be informed where to place these items when in the testing rooms.
- The testing site and testing teams are not responsible for your personal belongings.
- If you are unable to access your account, go to https://mn.tmutest.com, click Forgot Password and enter your Email. If you need further assistance, please call D&SDT-Headmaster at 888-401-0462.
- a United States (US) Government issued, signed, unexpired Photo Bearing ID such as a current Driver’s License, Passport, State-issued identification card.
- Watch with a second hand
- Social Security Number (Your Social Security number is used for testing results identification and will be kept private.)
Application for Competency Evaluation Form signed by your instructor (Test out candidates will receive this form on the day of exam).
Scrubs are REQUIRED to be worn for the exam (top and bottom)
Important: The class you are registering for must meet the requirements for cohort size in order for it to run. In the event of very low enrollment and when no other resource is available, the class will be canceled or rescheduled to a later date. You will be notified through email of such change.