In this course, the Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) will understand the guidelines that pertain to Speech Language Pathology Assistants (SLPAs) according to the state in which they reside. Along with this, the SLP will understand how to implement the supervisory skills taught in this course, which are necessary to work with a SLPA in the school and/or medical setting.
In support of this, ASHA’s Scope and Practice document states the minimum qualification for a SLP who will supervise a SLPA should include the completion of an academic course or at least 10 hours of continuing education credits in the area of supervision, completed prior to or concurrent with the first SLPA supervision experience.
Various knowledge checks and quizzes are provided to help gauge and reinforce mastery of the material. Course details:
Expected Time Commitment:
- The course is self-paced and is available 24/7 via web access after you activate your account and between the start and end date of the online session.
- Students can register at any time within the semester.
- Students are able to interact with the instructor via an email link.
- Training consists of 11 modules; all modules need to be completed by the close of the semester to receive a certification of completion.
- No textbook required.
- Upon completion, students will receive an eCertificate of Completion (1.0 CEUs) via email. Course must be paid in full prior to receiving a certificate of completion.
Approximately 10-12 hours
Session open from July 1 through December 20, 2022. Register anytime!
Coursework needs to be completed by December 20, 2022, to receive a certificate of completion.
When creating a student account, enter your name as you would like it to appear on your certificate of completion.
Would you like us to bill your employer? Register via paper form.
Provide the employer billing information on the registration form
including a purchase order number. An invoice will be sent after the student is registered for the course; payable within 30 days.
What can I expect to happen after I register?
1) Your registration information will be used to create your e-learning ID (StarID) which will be your Username at login.
2) Students will claim/or update their StarID (username). Students will follow the instructions provided in the confirmation email to activate their account and set a password.
3) The e-learning platform used is D2L Brightspace for Continuing Education & Customized Training.
4) Once activation is complete, students will log into D2L Brightspace using their StarID and the password they have created.
Note: The system updates every ten minutes, so your username (StarID) and password may not be active immediately.
We recommend choosing a web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox during this training; Internet Explorer is not compatible with D2L Brightspace.
Coursework developed and managed by:
Nancy Thul, MS CCC-SLP
SLPA Program Director/Instructor