For participants who have already completed DAANCE certification, the Allied Dental Clinical Sedation one-day competency course will provide you hands-on clinical training for intravenous sedation certification, approved by the Minnesota Board of Dentistry.
This 8-hour clinical will provide you with the skills necessary to initiate, maintain, monitor and remove intravenous (IV) lines, and/or aid in administration of medications into an existing IV line under the supervision of a dentist with sedation/general anesthesia certification.
This training will be held in person at the South Central College - North Mankato campus, following safety protocols in accordance with Minnesota State mandates and the South Central College COVID-19 safety plan.
- Anatomy and physiology related to venipuncture sites
- Airway management
- Cardiac monitoring application and interpretation
- Intravenous fluid and medication review specific to dental sedation
- Preparation for emergency sedation situations
- Simulated and human IV insertions
Participants must be DAANCE certified