**Prerequisite approval required in order to register**
You must submit proof of all prerequisites to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for Behind the Wheel.
Prerequisites (students are expected to work on all pre-req’s while taking Theory)
- Theory (separate course registration)
- Students must pass with an 80% or better
- Permit (student responsibility, obtained at DMV, self-pay)
- Class A Endorsements (General Knowledge, Combination, Air Brakes)
- Copy of driving record (student responsibility, obtained at DMV, self-pay)
- DOT physical (student responsibility, self-pay)
- Drug/Alcohol Screening (included in Theory course cost)
- ePassport provided by LSC, testing at DC Testing in Superior, WI)
CDL Class A Range (up to 40 hours): Class is held Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 3:30 pm and attendance is mandatory. Range training teaches backing and pre-trip inspections, plus gets you acclimated to operating class A vehicles in confined spaces. A recent addition to this course is our state-of-the-art Virage simulator which will help with all aspects of the Program. (Pre-requisites for this course component are your permit, drug/alcohol testing, your DOT Physical card, copy of your driving record, and successful completion of CDL Theory. Drug/alcohol testing is included in the course cost, DOT physical and DMV fees are the student's responsibility.
CDL Class A Road (up to 56 hours): Class is held Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 3:30 pm and attendance is mandatory. The On-Road portion of the course is where we take you out in one of our trucks and you’ll receive the real-life training you need to pass your driving test, but more importantly, to be a safe and effective driver. You will need lead instructor permission to start the On-road portion of the class. This is also a FMCSA requirement.
- Minnesota residents can get a copy of their driving record at a State Driver Exam Office. Wisconsin residents will have to obtain the record on-line. Make sure the physical exam is administered by a provider that is listed on the Federal register (an internet search will list possible providers).
You will need lead instructor permission to start the On-road portion of the class. (Pre-requisites to this course are your CDL permit, and successful completion of CDL Class A Range course). Student must be deemed proficient and have lead instructor permission to test. This is a FMCSA requirement.