This course, designed to meet the training requirements identified in MN Rule 4658.1360 Administration of Medications by Unlicensed Personnel, provides nursing assistants the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to administer medications in a skilled nursing facility in Minnesota. Course includes:
• legal requirements concerning drugs and drug administration
PLEASE NOTE: You must send proof of having successfully completed a MN Department of Health Approved Nursing Assistant program along with your registration. Six months experience as a CNA prior to registering is recommended.
• general information about medications and terminology related to medication administration
• actions, usual dose, toxic symptoms and special considerations for a variety of drugs
• proper administration techniques for medications in oral, suppository, topical, inhalant and drop form
• graded written examinations and skills demonstrations
Course fee includes textbook, workbook and materials.