Nursing Assistant Testing
We are an approved test site for the Minnesota State Registry Test and this competency exam for Nursing Assistants (NA) meets state and federal OBRA requirements.
There are two parts of the MN State Registry Test for Nursing Assistants - the Knowledge Test and the Skills Test. You must register for and pass both parts in order to be certified and listed on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry.
Download the NEW Minnesota candidate handbook
to learn more, and click on the test events listed below for full test descriptions and details.
Registering for a Test
- To pay by credit card, register online below.
- To pay by check or if your company is covering the cost of your class, download the 2022 NA Registration Form OR call 507-453-2740 to complete your registration.
If you have not completed a MN state approved NA training program within the last 2 years, you are still eligible to test as a Challenge candidate. When you register for your test, you will enter "Challenge" when asked for your training program name.
What to Expect After Registration
- Once you have registered and paid through this website, you will have secured your seat in that test event.
- Approximately 1 week before your test date:
- You will be scheduled for your test event in the testing platform TMU.
- If you are a Challenge candidate, we will add you to the TMU platform.
- You will receive a confirmation email with important testing information. Please check your junk/spam folder.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, you must do so at least 3 business days before the test date by calling 507-453-2740.
Preparing for the Test
If you need to cancel or reschedule, you must call 507-453-2740 to do so at least 3 business days before your test date. No refunds will be given for those who arrive late or unprepared, miss the test, or don't contact us to cancel 3 business days in advance. We are unable to make exceptions to this policy, unless you test positive for COVID-19 and provide proof of a positive test result from a legitimate testing facility with your name and the test date on it.
Full test - $235
For testing questions, please contact:
Skills retake - $195
Written retake – $130
*Pre-registration is required.