Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)
Looking to start your medical career in a hospital, clinic or extended care facility? Health Unit Coordinators (HUC) work at the nursing station in health care facilities and are at the center of communications on the nursing unit. You'll be introduced to all aspects of medical orders and computer transcription and provided with instruction that enables you to perform as an entry level HUC.
Course consists of 88 classroom hours and 40 hours of clinicals.
- Current Physical Exam signed by a physician
- Current and complete immunization records signed by provider (including Mantoux)
- Proficient computer and keyboarding skills
- 10th grade reading and writing skills
- Apply for and be approved by the State of Minnesota Background Study
- Apply for and be approved by the National Background Study
Class cost: $1200.00 -Includes Tuition and Books
***PLEASE NOTE: You must pay for this class immediately upon registration.
Spring 2019 Class Calendar
HUC Ordean Grant Application
Additional HUC Health Documents