Courses offered are Bridge Construction and Bridge Construction Recertification.
Bridge Construction is an advanced two week course designed for Bridge Construction Inspectors. Students receive instruction in bridge staking, excavation and embankment, foundations, steel reinforcement, sub structures, structural steel, forms and false work, pre-stressed beams, deck expansion joints, superstructures, deck drainage, bridge utilities, deck wearing courses, timber bridges, special structures, slope protection, documentation, approach panels, reconstruction, widening, and safety practices. This course is recommended for those involved in any type of structural construction. This is the only Bridge Construction Inspection course.
Prerequisite: Aggregate Production, Concrete Field 1 & 2, Grading and Base 1.
***NEW THIS YEAR***
The following AASHTO eLearning is also required:
- Construction Inspection of Structures Series: Subsurface - AT-TC3CN053-17-T1
- Construction Inspection of Structures Series: Substructures - TC3CN054-17-T1
- Construction Inspection of Structures Series: Superstructures - TC3CN055-17-T1
- Construction Inspection of Structures Series: Rehabilitation and Maintenance - AT-TC3MN032-17-T1
- The following MnDOT eLearning is also required: MnDOT Bridge Foundation Fundamentals
- Concrete Series: Basics of Cement Hydration - TC3MS009-15-T1
- Concrete Series: Fresh Properties - TC3MS010-15-T1
- Math Basics Series for Highway Technicians: Introductory Math Concepts - AT-TC3ED004-17-T1
Directions to Campus and Commonly Used CECT Classrooms
Once registered, you should receive an immediate email confirmation (please check your spam folder). If you do not receive an email confirmation or need additional assistance, please contact Shannon Wark at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-733-7680.
Cancellations: The college reserves the right to cancel classes with insufficient enrollment; payment is then automatically refunded. If we have to cancel your class, you can request a full refund of your tuition or transfer to another course of your choice, space permitting.
To Register: Click on a program category above and select your class, or use the "search" feature at top of page.
Refund Policy: (Also applies to purchase orders) Full refunds will be given to any student/company canceling within the required timeframe set for each class. Typically the timeframe is 3, 7, or 14 business days. For specific timeframe please check the class description. Student and/or companies will incur all charges with no refund if student does not drop the course within the required timeframe.