Minnesota Dept of Public Safety & MnDOT Certification
Bridge Inspection Refresher Training
MnDOT, in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration and Lake Superior College Continuing Education and Customized Training, conducts annual Bridge Safety Inspection Refresher Training to:
- Improve the quality of inspections
- Introduce new equipment and techniques
- Maintain consistency and reliability throughout the statewide network of bridge safety inspection programs
Who should attend:
- Individuals who need to maintain MnDOT certification as a Bridge Safety Inspection “Team Leader.” Attendance is required at a minimum of two bridge inspection refresher training seminars during each four year recertification period.
- County, city, or consultant engineers who are designated as bridge inspection “Program Administrators” are required to attend a minimum of two bridge inspection seminars every four years.
- Individuals who assist in bridge inspections are not required to attend, but are welcome and encouraged to do so.
Speakers discuss a variety of issues that surround key topics, and use visual presentations with handouts to deliver the core of this training. Seminars are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pilot Car Certification
Flagging and Work Zone Safety
Traffic Control Supervisor Re-certification