Aviation (UAS/DRONE Remote Pilot)
Commercial Vehicle Inspector Re-Certification
Pilot/Escort Driver Certification & Re-Cert
UAS Remote Pilot (Drone)
The class will consist of 20 hours Online Classroom with a 4 hour flight skills lab to occur in person at the Brooklyn Park campus for interested students who own a UAS.
This class is approved for MN POST Board CE credits.
All certified Minnesota Commercial Vehicle Inspectors must be re-certified every two years if they wish to continue as certified inspectors.
MN State Patrol Mandatory Inspection Program – certification extension update
If your certification expires in March, April or May 2020—You will receive a 4 month extension of your certification. You will still be active and will be able to purchase decals and conduct inspections. You will be good to inspect until 4 months from your certificate expiration date.
If your certification expired prior to March 1, 2020 AND you had registered to take a certification course but the course was cancelled----The course providers have given us the rosters and you will receive a 4 month extension of your certification. You will still be allowed to purchase decals and conduct inspections. You will be good to inspect until July 1, 2020.
If your certification expired prior to March 1 and you are in the 6 month grace period and you were not registered for a recertification course you will not be able to conduct inspections or buy decals.
Please carefully read course description for all details pertaining to the course preparation and requirements. Proper gear is required for all riding courses.
Participation is 100% mandatory and you cannot miss any part of the class.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, MN Motorcycle Safety Center encourages all instructors and students who choose to teach and/or attend courses to enact procedures to help ensure the health and safety of instructors, students and staff. Additional information can be found from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention www.cdc.gov and the World Health Organization (WHO), including steps to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- We ask any students with signs of a fever, coughing and/or shortness of breath to stay home. Students exhibiting symptoms will be confidentially asked to return home.
- We are implementing a temporary policy for refunding or rescheduling students who cancel due to concerns about COVID-19. Please call the college if you need to discuss canceling your class.
- Students are required to provide all personal protective gear. Loaning, borrowing or sharing gear with other students, including gloves or footwear, is STRONGLY discouraged.
- Do not share mobile devices.
- Use hand sanitizer frequently. If you do not see any, ask an instructor to make it accessible.
- Avoid personal contact with other students and Instructors. Do not shake hands.
- Keep “social distancing” when in the classroom and on the range.
- The CDC recommends a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and other persons.
- Maintain larger personal space “bubbles” when gathering as a group on the range.
- DO NOT use your mouth or teeth to hold or remove your gloves.
- We encourage you to bring your own food and beverages.
- Instructors will wipe down tables, door handles, motorcycle seats, handgrips, keys, etc. after class.
As always, the health, safety and well-being of our community comes first!
Thank you for your patience.
Program Contact - Rachel Salmela 612-297-4146 or email@example.com
Register for the 8 hour Certification class if you are a Pilot Car driver who has either never been licensed or were licensed in another state.
Register for the 4 hour Recertification class if you are a Minnesota Pilot Car driver whose current Minnesota license is due to expire in the next 90 days.
Recertification’s are only allowed within 90 days of expiration of current license. Your license expires 4 years from the course date.
If you do not recertify by your expiration date, you will have a 90-day grace period after your expiration date to attend a recertification class in order to regain your status as a certified pilot/escort driver so that you can legally escort again in Minnesota. If you fail to attend and successfully complete recertification class during that grace period, you will then be required to attend and successfully complete a full 8-hour certification class in order to legally escort again in Minnesota.
A training class for individuals who wish to obtain a license to operate a taxi at the Minneapolis/St Paul Airport, (licensed issued by the Metropolitan Airports Commission - MAC) and the City of St Paul (license issued by city)
To Register: Click on a program category above and select your class, or use the "search" feature at top of page.
Questions? Visit our Continuing Education Registration FAQ page.
Refund Policy: (Also applies to purchase orders) Full refunds will be given to any student/company canceling 3 business days prior to the first session. Student and/or companies will incur all charges with no refund if student does not drop the course 3 business days prior to the first session. Motorcycle Safety is 5 Business days for a Refund or Transfer.
Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952.995.1330.